cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] More on caching, expires, and proxy-friendly headers
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:37:24 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> 3. I dare you to find a clean solution from the sitemap POV to express
>> this kind of conditions. :-)
>

> Ahem...
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/selection/BrowserSelector.java?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> ObjectModelHelper.getResponse(objectModel).addHeader("Vary", "User-Agent");

Not quite what I meant. First, I'm not sure, from the HTTP specs, that
you can have more than one Vary header, actually I think it's quite the
opposite (but I might well be wrong), so an addHeader might be dangerous
(well, a setHeader might be even worse...). Second (and more important):
in order to build a consistent system these headers should be set not by
the sitemap components directly but by Cocoon itself, and there should
be a clean way to declarate in the sitemap what kind of headers you want
to be sent (and no, using an Action would not be a clean way :-)).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l.