cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT][TOOL] Big JavaDoc for Avalon classes...
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:32:05 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 11/02/2003 14.19:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 11/02/2003 5.33:
>>
>>> (thinking) May be it should be part of gump?
>>
>> It was part of Gump's ancestor, Alexandria.
>> If you want to help me, we have javasrc and xsldoc to ramp up there
>> too :-)
>
> I've seen http://www.peerfear.org/alexandria/content/html/index.html,
> but it seems that alexandria generates independent (or interlinked?
> can't verify) javadocs per project. I was thinking more about aggregated
> grand javadoc for all projects. Do I make sense? :)

Yes. Alexandria is dead. I asked if they wanted to close it down, but
they said that if some are interested in restarting, it's there.
We're free to experiment.

>>> Btw, while you are at "account give-away" - I can use one on nagoya
>>> to create load graph (see TODO on
>>> http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/load.html)
>>
>> What about Alexandria as a home for that too?
>> Alexandria=info about projects (docs and stats)
>
> For some reason I though that this belongs to forrest... BTW, what's
> differences are between alexandria and forrest?

Apart from the fact that Alexandria is dead and Forrest alive? ;-)
Alexanria is about generating infos about project code, Forrest for
making the site.

I also asked if it made sense to put the code-insight stuff in Forrest,
but it was not well seen. I understand that we prefer to concentrate on
the core Forrest stuff, which is sites.

That's why Alexandria is not off my radar. And that's why it makes
conceptual sense to do it there.

You are the only one working on it now, so moving it to Alexandria from
nowhere will not kill it. And I doubt that we can have correct support
from the Forrest team that seems more concentrated on the site stuff.

BTW, there is a new site for Alexandria in CVS, courtesy of Forrest ;-)

Dunno, just possibilities.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -