cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: WSProxyGenerator
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:56:26 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Nathaniel Alfred wrote:
>

>>Why not use plain old FileGenerator?  At least with 2.1's URLSource
>>

>>   <map:generate type="file" src="http://backend/article?id=xyz"/>
>>
>>works like a charm.  Am I missing something?
>>

>The WSP also passes any POST or GET parameters to the remote host, which
>is something the FileGenerator does not do. Would it just make sense to
>put this feature into the FileGenerator as a <map:parameter/> ?

-1 : FileGenerator is one of the most used generators (if not most
used), and can be used with any kind of source. POSTing parameters is
very specific to remote resources accessed through HTTP and should be
kept in a separate class (not to mention the dependency on
commons-httpclient which should be avoided in the core).

Sylvain