cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Stefano's new signature
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:04:21 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> I just noticed you new signature : "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine
>> necessitate [William of Ockham]". Can you give us a translation,
>> since I guess there are lots of non native latin speakers out there ;-)
>

> I asked my friend Google, says he doesn't know but knows someone who
> knows:
>
> From http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_of_Ockham:
> "Pluralities should not be posited without necessity"
>
> And if your english is like mine you might like the French too, from
> http://www.linux-france.org/prj/jargonf/O/Occam.html:
> "Les choses essentielles ne doivent pas être multipliées sans nécessité "

Mmmmh... this will require a lot of thoughts...

This reminds me of my favorite quote : "Perfection is achieved not when
there's nothing more to add, but when there's nothing left to remove"
(Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, also quoted by ESR in the Cathedral and the
Bazaar). This is pinned on my office wall.

Sylvain