cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Deprecation of the Avalon classes...
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:02:00 GMT

Pier Fumagalli wrote, On 10/02/2003 16.57:
> Folks... Avalon deprecated ComponentManager in favor of ServiceManager, but
> in the 2.1 codebase, although we import the new libraries, all the kit still
> relies on the Composable interface...

Err, maybe you missed the discussion. The result is that Avlaon removed
the @deprecated tag on Composable.

> It looks like that around 80/100 classes implement the deprecated stuff,
> should we go around and change those?

Look in the deprecated dir. There are loads of deprecated classes that
the core still depends upon! There is a swotch to make the core compile
without them (and fail), look in the buildfile.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: