cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT rant] there must be some way out of here...
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:24:11 GMT
Miles Elam wrote:

> So let me see if I'm understanding now.  You aren't angry because Tomcat
> has its own HTTP stack.  You are angry because they seem to be going out
> of their way to keep other HTTP stacks from working with it.

Close.

I'm angry because Tomcat people *fail* to see that no matter how hard
you try, java is not a solution for mission critical httpd stacks. This
is not the usual anti-java religion and might come from a unix sysadm,
it's the light seen after reaching java's metal.

I'm not against a servlet engine having an HTTP stack (we were working
on adding one to jserv right before tomcat was donated), but I'm angry
at the Tomcat community where focus has shifted from industrial quality
servlet engines (as it was jserv) to accademic bloated R&D and
implementing features (think valves) that nobody ever asked for.

God how much I miss jserv :(