cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] GroupingTransformer
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:56:47 GMT

Bruno Dumon wrote, On 05/02/2003 21.52:
> On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 20:25, Hunsberger, Peter wrote:
> [...]

>>Again, I don't really see an issue doing this with XSLT.
>

> And I didn't wrote it's not possible, but in my eyes it would be easier,
> and probably a lot faster when done in Java (though I still need to look
> in how it could be done using XSLT).
>
> Ah well, we can continue this discussion forever :-)

People use scripts that drive xslt transformations instead of using
Cocoon... it all depends on what you want to do. XSLT grouping is ok for
small datasets, but when it gets bigger and used more extensively...

I haven't yet seen this transformer, but I had a need for it some time
back, and XSLT2 has grouping defined... there must be a need, no? ;-)

Cheers! :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -