cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Should we move mailing list names?
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:35:51 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 12:22:26PM +0000, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>>>Totally agreed on the naming part.
>>>

>>So? What names do you guys propose?
>>

>IMO, whatever Ant and Avalon pick.  +1 for switching to whatever (user@
>and dev@ sounds good) when they agree to switch too.
>
>How about sending round a mail to gain consensus?  There are some tricky
>issues (users@ vs. user@, cvs@ vs. commits@).

We also have to take into account the future subprojects of the Cocoon
top-level project. In this perspective, the current Cocoon should be
considered as the "core" of a group of related projects (CMS, GIS,
webapp, etc.)

In that perspective, I don't like stripping the distinctive part of
mailing lists for a generic "dev@" if there is to be some "xxx-dev@" in
the future.

Sylvain