cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <>
Subject Re: [ANN] GroupingTransformer
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:39:19 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> I've never tried to do things like grouping and calculating summaries in
> XSLT, but I think that:
>  * writing the config file for the GroupingTransformer is less work than
> doing the same thing in XSLT.
>  * calculating things like averages, sums, min and max values is a lot
> easier than in XSLT (or probably impossible XSLT)
>  * it should run faster than XSLT

On the other hand, an XSLT-based solution would be usable also outside
of Cocoon.

Oh well, I'd better download the thing and have a serious look instead
of speculating.

P.S.: Apologies if I sounded skeptic. I'm sure that, coming from
Outerthought, it's a great piece of work.

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message