cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving CVS Repositories [was: Should we move mailing list names]
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:21:57 GMT

Stephan Michels wrote, On 05/02/2003 14.14:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>*if* we decide to move the mailing list names we should also
>>think about moving the cvs repositories, I guess.
>>
>>Some months ago we decided to rename (someday) our xml-cocoon2
>>repository to xml-cocoon and rename the (old) xml-cocoon to
>>xml-cocoon1 for obvious reasons.
>>Now with cocoon as a top level project, we might want to
>>remove the "xml-" as well.
>>
>>I think, if we change both at the same time it's the least pain
>>for all, users and developers.
>>
>>What do you think?
>>
>>Carsten
>

> BTW, how about an extra block repository similar to avalon
>
> cocoon-framework
> cocoon-blocks

Cocoon is not a framework, it's an implementation. So the first of the
two would simply be "cocoon".

As for the "cocoon-blocks" one, I don't see the real need of it /yet/.
I'm not very fond of creating new CVS repositories, for recent-history
reasons ;-) , but conceptually it makes sense. The fact is: do we need a
separate repository for this separation? Separate repositories usually
become separate communities somewhat. Is this the right time to do this
split? Honestly I'm not sure, but I would wait for a couple of
microsteps at least before venturing in a split.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -