cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Removal of @deprecation tags
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 11:16:35 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:
> On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 12:17  PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I suggest we change the deprecation warnings in the
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.component.* so they do not use
>> @deprecation.  I suggest we change the representation to

>>   with an explanation here.
>

> +1 to removal and +1 to the replacement above.
>
> i can view warnings for my cocoon build once again!

with my avalon hat on, +1, and with my cocoon hat on, I want to thank
you all very much for showing such respect on your user pool.

I would like also to point out that Cocoon *is* willing to follow the
technical trails that Avalon sets, expecially after the way this little
potential friction has been resolved.

But for this, we'll need help and guidance on how to move forward and
how to update Cocoon to be more friendly toward new technological
directions Avalon takes, yet, without destroying binary back compatibility.

    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate [William of Ockham]