cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT rant] there must be some way out of here...
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:02:22 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Well, you know where my native code for the connector is :-) Right now, my
> suggestion is: use Jetty and proxy-pass HTTP requests through Apache :-) In
> the long-ish term, we'll see! :-) :-)

This is where I'm heading now, and this is where I want to work in the
future. I think that a major addition to cocoon scalability (agreed, not
for webapps) would be a complete proxy-friendly support, including
etags, 304 and proxy request headers (if-modified-since, if-none-match
and the like). As of now we have cloned only the mod_expires
functionality (which proved to be a major performance boost in some
cases), but there's a long way to go before reaching Nirvana of
proxy-friendliness.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino