cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <dabb...@saxess.com>
Subject Re: sample web-app too complex?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:50:09 GMT
I would like to distinguish between

"creating a webapp with minimal cocoon"

and

"creating a webapp with minimal functionality"

Although both issues adress similar points, i think,
the bignners should not be bothered with isolating
the jars they "really need" for their app just to get
an as small as possible webapplication at the end.
I am afraid the WikiPage

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CreateMinimalWebapp

would not be what a beginner wants to start with, before they
get something to see. In my eyes this may be "step 2". But to
be honest here, i never thought of stripping down cocoon
to its basics. i just keep it as is and use what i need.
One day i may find out, that a very particular peace of cocoon
would be exactly what i need, but unfortunately i dropped it
by stripping down cocoon earlier. Now i can try to find out,
what i have to put back into my webapp to get the new stuff
up and running hmm... not convinced.

I would rather focus on the minimal functionality,
thus a webapplication, that does something usefull,
but can be easily understood without need to know
too many details of full cocoon.

This i would consider as "step one"

In this sense ->

1.) create a minimal webapp with the distrib as is.
2.) optional strip down cocoon to its basics

would this find consense in the comunity ?

regards, hussayn