cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0.5-Dev snapshot, Was: Sitemap-Engine for 2.0.5
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:51:37 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>"Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net> wrote:
>

>>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>

>>>This makes sense from our developper point of view. But from the
>>>user's one, who occasionally wants to have the latest bug fixes from
>>>the stable branch, having to checkout a particular branch may not be
>>>that intuitive.
>>>
>>>How is built the daily snapshot ? Couldn't we have daily snapshots for
>>>both branches ?
>>>

>>I don't know how dailies are built, but I can set up automated snapshots
>>for stable branch by myself. Is there enough interest?
>>

>+1... They should be distributed from
>http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-cocoon2/ to be consistent, and if we
>_really_ want to do that nicely, we shall have some naming like:
>
>xml-cocoon2-head-yyyymmdd.tar.gz
>xml-cocoon2-2.0-yyyymmdd.tar.gz
>
>And a nice README.html explaining what/why! :-)
>
>Currently, the snapshots are generated by the "apmail" user, but I have
>access to it, so if we want something "better" I can remove the automated
>generation made there...

Several things... Snapshot directory is not writable by group:

vgritsenko@icarus /www/cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-cocoon2 $ ls -la
total 93562
drwxr-xr-x   2 apmail  xml         512 Feb  3 04:12 .

So I can't really do anything unless you fix it.

Also, if you send me current apmail cronjob, I'll improve on it instead
of starting from scratch.

And the last one... WE STILL HAVE CVS SNAPSHOTS OF THE COCOON1??? 8-(     )
:)))

Vadim