cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: News from the Websphere 5.0 front
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:27:55 GMT

Gernot Koller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just want to give you some feedback concerning my trials to get a cocoon application
> running under IBM Websphere 5.0 EE.
>
> The main problem were broken redirects. Due to a hint from
> someone expirencing similar troubles using jetty I found the following workaround:
>
> Changing redirects from something like:
>
>    <map:match pattern="documents/index">
>       <map:redirect-to uri="index.html">
>
> to:
>
>    <map:match pattern="documents/index">
>       <map:redirect-to uri="{request:contextPath}/documents/index.html"/>
>
> seems to fix most of these problems.
> Still it's probably not the most elegant solution, is it ?

Yes, you are right. IMHO since Cocoon wants to be environment agnostic,
it should resolve the paths completely so that even if the containers
are broken in the implementation, it still works.

> ----
>
> Another issue was that WAS 5.0EE seems to want to use it's own version of the xml-apis.jar
and the xsltc.jar.
> Removing both from the WEB-INF/lib directory seems to solve the worst errors (java.lang.AbstractMethodError,
etc.)
> but there are still errors in error.log like:
>
> ERROR   (2003-02-03) 13:15.17:023   [core.xslt-processor] (/vdt/vdtportal/sunspotdemo-portal-start)
Servlet.Engine.Transports :
> 0/XSLTProcessorImpl: Cannot find the requested TrAX factory 'org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl'.
Using default TrAX
> Transformer Factory instead.
>
> Can this be savely ignored ?

> ----
>
> While the application now seems to run, I still get errors like the following on the
console (nothing errors.log or core.log):

> CocoonServlet: Problem with Cocoon
> servlet java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

>  Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Cocoon servlet threw an Exception while trying to close

> stream.
> java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error

> [2/3/03 13:01:46:836 CET]  4fe545a WebGroup      E SRVE0026E: [Servlet Error]-[Cocoon2]:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: ERROR:
> Cannot set header. Response already committed.
> 	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.SRTServletResponse.setStatus(SRTServletResponse.java:748)
> 	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.HttpServletResponseProxy.setStatus(HttpServletResponseProxy.java:87)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1189)
> 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

This is because Cocoon is setting a status to a closed stream... what
Cocoon version are you running?

> While this seems not to have any effect on the output, I still dont't feel very comfortable
about it.
> And I have no idea what's going on here :-(
>
> Any comments to this and also to the issues mentioned above are very welcome!

             - verba volant, scripta manent -