cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0.5-Dev snapshot, Was: Sitemap-Engine for 2.0.5
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:27:46 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>On 2/2/03 10:47 am, "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>
>wrote:
>
>>This makes me think : aren't branches in our CVS upside down ? I mean it
>>would be better if the stable branch (2.0.5-dev) was HEAD and the
>>development of the future version (2.1) occured in a separate branch.
>>

>It depends on what you want to do, "branch out" old releases and let their
>branch "die" slowly, or "branch in" (merge) new ones when they become
>mainstream.... (for example, if we think about branch-ins when 2.1 becomes
>"main version" we'll have to merge it back into head)...

This makes sense from our developper point of view. But from the user's
one, who occasionally wants to have the latest bug fixes from the stable
branch, having to checkout a particular branch may not be that intuitive.

How is built the daily snapshot ? Couldn't we have daily snapshots for
both branches ?

>Personally, I prefer "branching out" old releases... But anyway when
>subversion will come, there's not going to be this problem anymore :-)

Interesting... please tell us more about this !

Sylvain