cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We're in 2003 :-)
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 16:01:46 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>>>I'm going to change the copyright years throughout the sources... Expect a
>>>biggie...
>>
>>Just to know : why do copyright years have to be updated on existing files ?
>

> Really, I don't know... But I've always done since Jserv times... I don't
> know if there's some legal requirement for it... It's just something I got
> "accustomed to"...

At least wrt the Italian (and most european law, AFAIK), the idea is
that copyright expires after a certain amount of years. So a source file
with copyright 1999 will expire 4 years before a 2003 one. Not a big
deal, I don't think that anyone will really care around 2070, but you
never know. :-)

But don't trust me on that. Although IAAL, I haven't exercised for way
too long to be accurate.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino