cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Unblocking Blocks - microstep 1
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 21:57:47 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

<snip/>

>>> 2. Where does the treeprocessor actually create these components? ;-P
>>>  It seems that methods are calling methods that are... you get the
>>>  picture... I've got not much time to dwelve into that code, but
>>>  I looked at the DefaultTreeBuilder.java, but still I'm puzzled.
>>>
>>>  Can someone please help me and explain how Cocoon uses-handles
>>>  the ComponentManager(s), and how the TreeProcessor works?
>>

>> On that, I can't help you mate, but once you figure something out, I can
>> help you writing some code for it! :-)
>

> Sylvain? (the Source ;-)

Sorry for the delay, I was away for 2 days...

The TreeProcessor works by creating an evaluation tree of
ProcessingNodes corresponding to sitemap statements. It asks a
TreeBuilder to create this tree and then handles requests with it.

The TreeBuilder reads the sitemap file (in an Avalon Configuration
object) and builds this tree by invoking a ProcessingNodeBuilder for
each element encountered in the sitemap. The ProcessingNodeBuilder in
turn creates an appropriate ProcessingNode that will be used at runtime
to "execute" the sitemap

The ProcessingNode isn't created directly from the sitemap element,
since some sitemap elements don't always lead to identical processing
depending either on their attributes (e.g. <map:call resource=""> and
<map:call function="">) or the used components (e.g. <map:match> which
is different for regular Matcher and PreparedMatcher).

The DefaultTreeBuilder has a createComponentManager() method that
creates - guess what? - the CM that is to be used within the processing
tree to lookup components. In that default implementation, this is just
the "current" one (i.e. the one passed to "compose()").

But if you look at SitemapLanguage, which is a subclass of
DefaultTreeBuilder, you will notice that its createComponentManager()
method creates a new CocoonComponentManager and configures it with
<map:components>. So <map:components> defines components of the sitemap
just a cocoon.xconf defines them for the Cocoon object.

Adding a custom classloader to the sitemap to handle blocks should thus
be just a matter of giving that custom classloader to the created CM.

Does this answer your question ?

Sylvain