cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: The new build system
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 08:32:50 GMT

Le Samedi, 22 fév 2003, à 06:37 Europe/Zurich, Ovidiu Predescu a écrit :

> ....If you're an Emacs user...

not yet, but you're tempting us regularly, so it might happen sooner or
later ;-)

> ... This way you edit the source file and when you save it, it's
> automatically updated in the running system...

Cool. I think Sylvain was mentioning another scenario, however, like:
you copy a source code filename from a stack trace, open the file,
correct the bug and you're happy. Except you've been working on the
copy from the build subdir, and on the next build your changes are gone.

But as I understand Emacs would make it easy to handle this case too,
maybe with a warning if you open a file that has "build" in the
pathname...

-Bertrand