cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert <t...@lunartek.com>
Subject XMLForm/Flow ops
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:58:46 GMT
I haven't had a clean build to try this stuff with, but I'm looking for
some pointers.

A common flow in many of the applications I've built for trading,
geo-science, health sciences, FM, GIS, MM, etc. a user is looking to
manage or to get detailed information on a subject.
They:
a. Enter what they know about the subject
b. if they get a unique match, display the info/management page
c. if the result is not unique, provide a list of matches
d. user selects from the list of matches and then displays the
info/management page

Right now this determination is in my XMLForms (although iterating
across an XML doc is a prob).  Would this be something that the
flowscript should be tasked with?  Can I use the flowscript to make the
page transitions something that can be described in the sitemap?

Cheers,
Thor HW