cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Scratchpad
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 05:21:26 GMT

On Thursday 27 February 2003 01:36, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> We still haven't reached consensus on this issue and I think that we
> also mixed concerns in the previous threads. I see several issues on the
> table:
>
> 1) how to allow committers to innovate on core
> 2) how to allow committers to innovate on non-core stuff

NTIARS, but isn't "core" also a bit wider than necessary, and with a better
layer system the "core" would be rather tiny, and everything else is
pluggable, in which case "innovation" can come very naturally.
The "plug-ins" / "add-ons" should perhaps even get their own repositories and
release cycles (SM: A species concept forming.).

The next issues would then be, "What is standard distro?", "How many Add-Ons
are directly supported?", "How is this achieved to the convenience of the
user?"

Niclas