cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: extending XMLForms for different kinds of models...opinions?
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:00:54 GMT
On 15.Feb.2003 -- 07:02 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> What would be a real killer feature is a SQL model : no more java coding
> to edit/update your database from XMLForm (I must say having to write
> extensive JavaBean code refrained me to use it up to now).

I believe both operation models are valid. If you want to go down the
configuration road, there is something you might want to try with
recent snapshots:

a) use the xmlform approach from Josema and use a DOM as your form model
b) add for every xmlform id a new input module, say for form id "4711":

    <component-instance logger="core.modules.input" name="xmlform-4711"
                        class="org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.input.XMLFormModule">
       <xmlform-id>4711</xmlform-id>
    </component-instance>

c) modify your database action configuration, add:
     <path-separator>/</path-separator>
     <input>xmlform-4711</input>

Now, all you need is that your form model corresponds (i.e. is a super
set) to the database model: The database action will look up values
now as "table/value" (instead of "table.value") from the xmlform with
id 4711.

Steps b) and c) are only required if one doesn't want to write <mode/>
elements into the database.xml.

Note that I have not tested this but it should work in theory.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de