cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] Coding style...
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 05:36:49 GMT
On Tuesday 11 February 2003 15:56, Konstantin Piroumian wrote:
> From: "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net>
>
> > Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> > >I was wondering if there are some guidelines for Cocoon (back in the
> > > days when I started there weren't, but maybe now)...
> I am used to the Sun's coding standarts. I have the Guidelines for it on my
> HDD, but don't remember where I got them. They basically state:
>     - 4 space indent
>     - Kernighan-Ritchi style braces (no new line before opening brace):
>         function Name() {
>             //
>         }
>     - 80 character line length (but I think that 17" displays are quite
> common now and the limit can be extended to 120)
>     - variableName - lower case variable names
>     - ClassName - upper case class names

I am using a fairly extensive document as the guide to my staff, with room for
a fair amount of freedom, AFAIK builds on top of the Sun recommendation.

http://niclas.hedhman.org/docs/guides/javaCodingStandards.pdf

Use this document at your own discretion, it contains a fair amount of advice,
although some of it you may not like personally.

Niclas