cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: CVS and Copyright statements
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 10:08:13 GMT

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Steven Noels wrote:

> > Is there no fancy CVS method of doing this when the file is checked into
> > CVS?
>
> Yes, but a while ago, it was suggested to not use CVS for that:

Though of course what we -could- do is write something clever which checks
this on commit and throws an error if there was a change of a few lines or
more. Just as a warning hint.

But the main rule, which kind of covers US, EU and most of Asia, is:

->	list the year(s) you made an actual change in.

Now you can argue what a change is. And there are differences across the
world. But most of all:

-> 	Do not change it just because the year rolls over, and there
	was no change in the code.

Dw