cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From o...@kompuart.pl (Leszek Gawron)
Subject Re: software licensing
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 10:21:46 GMT
Just wondering if there is a way to license client access.
You could use some licensing algorith that checks for hardware config so you
couldn't run the software on other machine. And even if you run 2 cocoon
instances you could setup a licensing component on some port so the second
instance will conflict with the first one. Or the licensing components could
share some resources so even if you run 10 instances they will have to
exchange the same licensing data

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:59:57AM -0000, Morrison, John wrote:
> Why would you want to?  You can run as many Cocoon instances as
> you like...
>
> J.
>
> > From: ouzo@kompuart.pl [mailto:ouzo@kompuart.pl]
> >
> > The Apache license allows to use cocoon in commercial
> > products. Usually
> > commercial products are licensed for access ( per computer or
> > a number of
> > floating licenses ). Is there any way that cocoon application could be
> > licensed too? The customer buys 10 licenses which allows to
> > have at least 10
> > sessions opened on the server. Maybe it is stupid for web
> > application, but for
> > normal applications using cocoon as data provider it is not.
> > Currently you
> > have to license your system on client basis.
> >
> > Is this possible ?
> > 	ouzo

> Information in this email and any attachments are confidential, and may
> not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed
> to any third party without our permission.  There is no intention to
> create any legally binding contract or other commitment through the use
> of this email.
>
> Experian Limited (registration number 653331).
> Registered office: Talbot House, Talbot Street, Nottingham NG1 5HF

            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_