cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Problem with HTMLGenerator
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:35:24 GMT
On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 22:14, Miles Egan wrote:
> After updating cvs and rebuilding I get this error when using the
> HTMLGenerator:
>
> [NamespaceNormalizingDOMStreamer] Encountered a DOM Element without a
> localName. DOM Level 1 trees are not supported by this DOMStreamer.
>
> Is this a bug?

No, it's a feature :-)

Currently the NamespaceNormalizingDOMStreamer only supports
namespace-aware (= dom level 2) DOM trees. Extending it to support DOM
level 1 trees would require to put the namespace-processing that
normally happens in an XML parser, to be put in the DOM-streamer.

I think the easiest solution for now is to use the default DOM streamer
in the HTMLGenerator. I'll fix that in a moment...

bruno@outerthought.org