cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <>
Subject Re: [ANN] GroupingTransformer
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:24:48 GMT
On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 14:11, Ugo Cei wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:
> > Based on some code from the xReporter project, I created a new
> > transformer for Cocoon that can do grouping and summary calculation of
> > table-like data (such as the data that comes out of the SQLTransformer).
> > The grouping to be performed is described in a configuration file. This
> > transformer works independent from xReporter.
> I'm too lazy^H^H^H^Hbusy to look at the docs now ;-). Can you tell us
> what features it has that cannot be implemented with XSLT?

I've never tried to do things like grouping and calculating summaries in
XSLT, but I think that:

 * writing the config file for the GroupingTransformer is less work than
doing the same thing in XSLT.
 * calculating things like averages, sums, min and max values is a lot
easier than in XSLT (or probably impossible XSLT)
 * it should run faster than XSLT

Bruno Dumon

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: