cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Guijt" <>
Subject Re: Compressing output from Cocoon
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 07:21:31 GMT
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <>
> I haven't used it myself, but if I had to do it I would use servlet
> filtering instead of patching cocoon. cocoon's concern is to create
> output, http compression is part of the transport so it should be
> somebody else's concern to modify the output to reshape it to improve
> the transport.

Thanks Stefano, you've got a point there.

Since we use Websphere for production, I guess hacking mod_gzip into WAS is
not going to make it (still waiting for a reply from the administrator) so I
guess I should start looking at Servlet Filters then.

Bart Guijt

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message