cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Guijt" <b.gui...@chello.nl>
Subject Re: Compressing output from Cocoon
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 22:35:25 GMT
From: "Leszek Gawron" <ouzo@kompuart.pl>
> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 01:50:00PM +0100, Bart Guijt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm interested to see whether the following technique is useful for
Cocoon apps as well: compressing requested content if the client supports
it. The article at the following link illustrates this best:
> use apache as an frontend and mod_gzip

Hmm. My project must provide a webapp for Websphere 4 AE. Does this work for
Websphere as well? I know it uses an Apache frontend, I am not sure whether
I am allowed to 'hack' this mod_gzip stuff into it.

Tomcat and Jetty are both containers supporting the 2.3 spec and thus
supporting the filter setup. If I must use the servlet container to achieve
compression instead of mod_gzip, I'd prefer to support it in the Cocoon
framework rather than filters (for the sake of clarity, I guess).

I'll write a Serializer to try this out.

Ciao,

BG