cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [TIPS] Basic configurations of Apache 2.0 for Cocoon 2
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:46:43 GMT

On Wednesday, Feb 5, 2003, at 15:13 Europe/London, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>> Brilliant!!!! It is working, hurrah!
>
> I knew you would have liked it! ;-) (Re: per our discussion over
> salads!)

you DID finish that salad right ? ;)
(Stefano cooks great pasta!!)

> And that's all... You can roughly copy and paste this example in a
> <VirtualHost> section of your httpd.conf (obviously after having
> applied the
> appropriate modification), and go...

You are making it look too easy!!!

Many thanks, I'll try this out.

In my setup, I added :

	Include /Library/Apache2/conf/extra

to the end of my httpd.conf, so I can keep my Cocoon config in a
separate file in the 'extra' folder and don't need to touch the
original.

The only change I had to make to the original httpd.conf was to change
the default character set from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 as this is what my
Cocoon outputs and Apache was re-encoding.

so

	AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1

becomes

	AddDefaultCharset UTF-8