cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "ivelin" <>
Subject Re: XMLForms prepare/perform nothrow
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:39:15 GMT

This is by design.
AbstractXMLFormAction does not know how to handle application specific
errors thrown by the prepare/perform callbacks.
If you can't do anything about an exception which occurs within the method,
then throw a runtime exception.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeroen Cranendonk" <>
To: <>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 10:20 AM
Subject: XMLForms prepare/perform nothrow

Our company is currently building a project around cocoon(yay:) and
We are using the current development cvs version.
Working on this it occured to me that the prepare and perform methods of
the AbstractXMLFormAction class don't allow the throwing of any exceptions
My question is if this is by design or by error, and how I should handle any
errors occuring in my implementations of prepare and perform.
(And if this is by error and not design, if anyone feels like fixin it soon
^.^ )

Many thanks in advance for any replies,
Jeroen Cranendonk,
eMAXX software developer.