cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: Should we move mailing list names?
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:46:45 GMT

> From: Sylvain Wallez [mailto:sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com]
>
> We also have to take into account the future subprojects of
> the Cocoon
> top-level project. In this perspective, the current Cocoon should be
> considered as the "core" of a group of related projects (CMS, GIS,
> webapp, etc.)
>
> In that perspective, I don't like stripping the distinctive part of
> mailing lists for a generic "dev@" if there is to be some
> "xxx-dev@" in the future.

We did that in Avalon, with the (in hindsight predictable) results that
each little mailing list became a community of its own - we had people
working on Phoenix (then the Avalon reference container) who didn't know

about Avalon! (Only with the formation of the PMC did we merge
phoenix-dev
back with avalon-dev.)

In short, Sylvain, you may not want to do what you plan for.

/LS