cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] bootstrapping the PMC
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 06:07:41 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> People, use some logic here...
>
> The fact that a 50% quorum is required, and the vote will automatically fail
> if a qurom is not reached, it is better for the "opposition" not to vote at
> all, than vote -1. There are almost always someone "lazy"/"vacation"/"sick"
> that is unable to vote, which then is a indirect vote against, if the
> "opposition" refrains from voting.
>
> Clear?

In Avalon, where the voting procedures came from, there was a larger
problem than apathy.  Those issues have to a large part been resolved,
and I will not dig them up here.

Suffice it to say:

The Cocoon PMC members who have volunteered for the job, are responsible
to respond to PMC votes.  It is also *very* important to have a concept
where we are not sneaky.  We say what we mean, and we mean what we say.