cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Next Release
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:35:10 GMT
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Well, I didn't vote "-1" to a release. I just said that I considered it
> somewhat premature to release something in the middle of a design
> discussion.

Fair comment. I was hoping the discussion would be over before the alpha.

> I'm not stopping anybody from releasing, but I want to be perfectly
> clear that I won't personally consider making *any* single effort for
> back-compatibility until we reach beta state.

I don't think anyone would suggest back-compatibility for an alpha: but an
alpha will hopefully get us on the road to a beta, and I'd love to see 2.1
released as "stable" in the next 6 months or so (it's hard to convince
people that using the CVS version is safe).

> I feel that everybody who should be interested in an alpha version has
> enough CVS knowledge to know how to get it.

Time for me to start submitting bug reports I guess :-)

Andrew.