cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [RT]: Moving InputModules into the sitemap [was: [RT]: Dynamic variables in the Sitemap / Input Modules revisited]
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:57:14 GMT
Hi,

I really want to make a decision about the input modules, so that we can
say: "This area is finished."

Although I'm the (only?) one who thinks that the current InputModules are
not the correct approach for use in the sitemap (as I explained often
enough), I guess the only solution is the most pragmatic one:

We simply move the definition of the current InputModules into an own
section of the sitemap and that's it. The current implementation is
capable of all required features but has (in my eyes) a not so appropriate
interface. We cannot change this interface for compatibility reasons
and defining a new interface (= new component) is not what we as
a community want.

What do you think about it?

If noone disagrees, could someone do the move? I will then remove my
proposal from the source tree.

Please, let's come to a conclusion to avoid an over-discussion of this
topic.
And we really need the definition in the sitemap and not the cocoon.xconf.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG