cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: tomcat / cocoon problem
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:11:26 GMT
Todd Densmore wrote:

> I think you misunderstood me. When running the WAR file (in the webapps
> directory) with the tomcat server.xml variable UNPACK_WAR set to FALSE,
> tomcat is not supposed to unpack the war file at all. It does
> however create
> a work directory so that it can create temporary files, etc. However in
> order to do file IO, this means the servlet needs to use
> ServletContext.getResource() or ServletContext.getResourceAsStream().
> Resources cannot write to resources in a WAR (which I assume cocoon does).
> So my guess is that cocoon cannot run as a WAR under tomcat with
> UNPACK set to false.

Usually Cocoon does not write anything and in most cases it uses (through
some layers) the ServletContext to read resources.
And in some version of Cocoon (2.0 I think) it was working.

So actually, you encountered a bug! Can you provide more information (logs
etc) and perhaps enter it into bugzilla?

Thanks
Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG