cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation EncodeURLTransformer.java
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:41:54 GMT
With the recent changes, the encode url transformer does not support
caching anymore. In order to support caching the transformer *must*
know, if a session is available or not; otherwise you might get
wrong cached results or do not have the correct url encoding.

I would really appreciate it if we could make the assumption
from above so the transformer can support caching again.
Apart from that, you will get problems if you create/destroy a
session when the processing of the xml pipeline has started,
therefore I can only give the advice to create a session
in actions and nowhere else.

Any other ideas?

Carsten