cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: [vote] finilizing the pending votes on flow [was Re: [RT] Flow/SitemapIntegration]
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:19:58 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> > Therefore I'll come up with a solution of using the flow as
> controller for
> > XMLForms - a 'pre-alpha' version is already running at my laptop. I know
> > that my solution is far from being perfect (continuations can
> be very tricky
> > ...) but I want to learn and the feedback will make me learn
> new things and
> > this will make our/my solutions better.
>
> Do you mean something like this?
>
> var form = getForm("progetto-form", progetto,
> 	"context://flows/workflow-schema.xml");
> while (true) {
> 	form.save(cocoon.environment.getObjectModel(), "request");
> 	sendPageAndWait("progetto-form",  { "username" : user.name });
> 	form.populate(cocoon.environment.getObjectModel());
> 	form.validate("progetto");
> 	if (form.getViolations() != null &&
> 	    form.getViolations().size() > 0) {
> 		continue;
> 	break;
> }

Yes. (Additionally?) I use continuations to move forward/backward within the
flow. This works well but sometimes I get some strange results after using
the previous/next button of the *browser*.
My next step will be controlling Ivelin's XMLForm example with a flow
script. If this works I'll submit a patch that enables others to have a look
at it.

Reinhard