cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Luca Morandini" <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject Donated stuff [WAS: RE: ChartTransformer 0.0.4 urge a commiter!]
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:50:47 GMT

Steven, I beg your pardon, but I disagree with this statement.

Yes, in an ideal world we'd happily code all together, but this being the real world, sometimes
happens that you develop a piece of
software for a specific customer and only after the customer's needs are met (in terms of
time and features) you can think about
donating it.

This is especially true for a package like Cocoon, which is, first and foremost, the plumbing
holding software components together
(the water being XML, of course).

So, IMHO, the community should welcome donations, as long as they come with no string attached
and fit into the general vision.

Regards,

P.S.
A big kiss to you as well, provided you shaved this morning ;) ...hmmm, let downsize it to
a bear hug ;)

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org