cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Complete Cocoon 2.1 distribution...
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:04:18 GMT
On 20/1/03 1:21 am, "Andrew Savory" <> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>> I believe that in some cases (where the Cocoon WAR is the only
>> web-application on a server) this might be somehow advantageous, and Jetty
>> is somehow faster than Tomcat...
> And more stable, AIUI.

What I really like about Jetty is this:

$ ls -l server/jetty.jar
-rw-r--r--  1 pier  admin  530692 Jan 16 02:25 server/jetty.jar

You got _everything_ you need in 530 kb...

>> Is anyone else interested in this???
> Yes, definitely. I'd also be interested in any config modifications you
> made to Jetty in order to get Cocoon to run happily within it (eg for
> getting headless X running to make Batik happy)...

Sorry, mate... Still haven't got _that_ far... I've been doing it all on
MacOS/X (so I don't have problems with headless machines), but the next step
will have to be on Solaris/8...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message