cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Oliver" <coli...@SeeBeyond.com>
Subject RE: [WEB-INF] MicroStep #1: getRealPath()
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:51:31 GMT
As I mentioned before (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103990910724056&w=2),
it's possible to do embedded compiling without the limitations of javac. See ftp://ftp.primaryinterface.com/pub/javacAPI

Regards,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Pier Fumagalli [mailto:pier@betaversion.org]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 1:45 PM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: [WEB-INF] MicroStep #1: getRealPath()

On 31/1/03 16:38, "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net> wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>

> javac works only with files, resource just won't cut it. Some other
> places also need file instead of resource.

Absolutely right. But in details, javac needs a specific kind of resource,
the libraries and classes against which it needs to compile, and given that
now all we do is look in "WEB-INF/classes" and "WEB-INF/lib/*.(jar|zip)",
well, that should be placed somewhere else (we shouldn't rely on getRealPath
for that).