cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 12:19:54 GMT

On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 12:03 Europe/London, Steven Noels wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 08:48 Europe/London, Steven Noels wrote:
>>> Well, I'm a bit confused: there is a src attribute on the
>>> source:write  element, but only in the status report apparently, and
>>> a source:source  element which content should list the filename
>>> according to
>>> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/transformers/sourcewriting-
>>> transformer.html:
>>>
>> I think what is going on is this .... (this is completely off the top
>>  of my head ...)
>> You should supply the <source:source> parameter, with your source
>> specification in it.
>
> I do:
>
> <xsl:template match="profile">
>    <source:write xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0"
> create="true">
>      <source:source>gump-profile.xml</source:source>
>      <source:fragment>
>      	<profile xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
>          <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
>        </profile>
>      </source:fragment>
>    </source:write>
> </xsl:template>
>
> and
>
> <map:match pattern="gump-store">
>    <map:generate src="cocoon:/gump-cincluded"/>
>    <map:transform type="write-source"/>
>    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
>> When SWT has done it's job, it reports the SystemId of the written-to
>>  source in the <source:src> parameter.
>
> No luck :(
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <source:write src="" action="none" result="failed"
> xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
> xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">The src attribute
> could not be resolved and failed to cancel</source:write>
>
>> I think I gave them different names because when I was initially
>> using  this stuff it was only for files, and the 'source' and 'src'
>> would be  different strings ....
>> ie.
>>     <source:source>blah/my.xml</source:source>
>>
>> <source:src>file://Users/Shared/TomCat/webapps/cocoon/blah/my.xml</
>> source:src>
>> A bunch of people have reported recently that context:// does not
>> work  as a <source:source>. TBH I do not remember testing it before
>> that went  into the docs .... I just assumed it would work, naughty
>> me!
>
> context, file, no scheme: no luck.
>
> Could this be the case because I'm using this from an auto-mounted
> subsitemap?

I don't think so .... I first used this stuff in the slash-edit demo,
whereby a sub-sitemap edits in the parent sitemaps context.

> Or that I use a file generating pointing to a pipeline using
> cocoon: ?

like this you mean?

> <map:generate src="cocoon:/gump-cincluded"/>

this /could/ be the problem, I have never tried this.

Sylvain? Carsten? We do not have a writeable cocoon protocol do we?
This is being discussed ATM right? Or am I confused?

regards Jeremy