cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: Is Export to J2EE Environment Possible?
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 20:39:45 GMT
We deploy it as an EAR (WAR plus JAR for EJBs). Nothing to stop you from
doing so...?

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Punte [mailto:stevenpnt@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 2:38 PM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Is Export to J2EE Environment Possible?

I really like the way Cocoon can export (i.e. publish) to a simple HTML
serving environment, especially since there is very little Cocoon hosting
out there.

However, my site containes significant dynamic behavior, pipelines, etc..

Would it somehow be possible to bundle cocoon plus the applicaiton into one
single WAR file that would operate in any J2EE hosting environment?  It
would probably be a big file: cocoon + xerces + xalan + app + yada + yada +
yada.  However, it would sure open the door to a lot more shared hosting
solutions.

Steve Punte

steve@candlelightsoftware.com <mailto:steve@candlelightsoftware.com>

  _____