cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [ESQL] Improvement....
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:21:58 GMT
Torsten Curdt dijo:
>> if (exist <esql:more-results>)
>>    LIMIT 5+1
>> else
>>    LIMIT 5
>>
>> I think this is an elegant solution. What you think?
>
> Sure - but the problem is that we also would need to adjust the length
> of the resultset inside the helper class. (you always want to see only 5
>  rows in your page)
>
> The length of the resultset inside the class would sometimes be one more
>  and sometimes *exact* - depending on whether there is a <more-results>
> tag or not. Which would be very confusing!

I dont agree. The LIMIT 5+1 is just a internal issue. From the user view.
he never knows we was asking 5+1 rows. He never can access the 5+1 row.
even if it exists.

I agree with you that also the can be a change into the "esqlhelper class"
into the method that retrieve the row and get it to the user.

> Give me a day to think about this...
You got it! ;-)