cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FIXED] Re: Build system problems on OS/X 10.2.3, Linux and Windows
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 05:57:58 GMT

On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 12:24 US/Pacific, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
>
>> By increasing the amount of heap space allocated to the JVM, the
>> build works fine now. I've added the -Xmx512mb parameter to the java
>> invocation in tools/bin/ant, the last line in this file. A similar
>> thing has to be done in tools/bin/ant.bat. I can check-in this change
>> if it fixes the build problem for everybody that has it.
>

> Any idea of why the 2.1 build needs so much memory when 2.0 builds
> fine with the default options ?

I just put some size, I don't think that's the right value. Who knows,
maybe the build crashes because the JVM cannot allocate 1Mb over the
default size, whichever that is. I just wanted to have something
working so I put the amount of physical memory available on my laptop
;) If you find that a lower value works, let's use that one.

On my system, the build crashes while doing validation. Is it possible
that this step eats a lot of memory?

Cheers,
Ovidiu