cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FLOW] Thank you...
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:22:00 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Pier Fumagalli wrote:
>
>> Whoever invented the flow, whoever implemented it here, and had
>> anything to
>> do with it and brought it to Cocoon is a FUCKING GENIOUS.
>>
>> I shall erect an altar in my fireplace and burn incense to his holiness
>> every single day, preaching for my soul, to be, at one day, of comparable
>> intelligence with his...
>>
>>     Pier
>>
>> PS Can you tell that I started using it? And that it did beat the crap
>> out
>> of me? Now I won't be able to design any web application without it! And
>> that's the _beautiful_ part of it! :-)
>

> AFAIK Saint Ovidiu Predescu :-D
>
> He had started it in a strange freaky language with continuations....
>
> We didn't understand what he was doing, but he seemed so passionate
> about it that we could not get together the courage to stop him.

No way, I do remember having to keep pushing people aside to give Ovidiu
room to breath when people were freaking out of Scheme's parenthesis and
I was probably only one of the two who got the concept and believed in it.

> Then
> somehow he finally understood that Javascript could be the key to
> opening the vault of knowledge to mortals, and finally we understood!

He understood because I told him explicitly that scheme would never be
used no matter how great the concept was.

then he found rhyno+continuations and the rest is history.

> Great respect for brother Ovidiu :-)

And brother Christopher who added continuations to Rhyno.

Kudos to both of you!