cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [PMC] bootstrapping the PMC
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:18:22 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> People,
> since Cocoon got approuved as a top level project, we have a PMC, but
> the ASF is designed in such a way that each PMC can choose its own
> rules and policies.

<snip because="agree"/>

> <added author="SM">
> Any opposive vote must contain a detailed description of the reasoning
> that led to that vote and potentially indicate an alternative proposal
> that he/she would favor.
> </added>

Requiring explanation of a negative vote is good. However, if the
explanation leads to an alternative proposal, that proposal should be
discussed separately, in order not to start a discussion within the vote
thread (SoC ?).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message