cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] bootstrapping the PMC
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:11:27 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

>> What does it mean exactly? Is it a logical AND? Given a PMC of 20
>> people, what is the quorum, 3 or 10? What is the difference between
>> "voters" and  the ones who "cast a vote" (given that only PMC members
>> count officially as "voters/votes")?
>

> At least 3.
> Half the PMC.
>

> That means if there is 20 people, Quorum is 10.
> If there are only 4 people, quorum is 3 (not 2).

OK, it might be my bad English, but I think that rephrasing this in
order to make it more clear would be a good thing. Reversing it sounds a
bit better to me:

"For all votes half (1/2) of the PMC must cast a vote, with a minimum of
3 votes being required in any case"

Also, while I assume that the board might have something to say in that
case, what happens if the PMC drops to 3 or less people?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
CTO