cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC] bootstrapping the PMC
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:52:52 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Find below the voting procedures taken from the Avalon PMC (they have
> not yet finalized them). I've changed all references to Avalon

Well, almost: :-)

> Vote Administrator. The vote administrator will send an email to the
> Avalon developers or PMC list with the text "[PMC:VOTE-RESULT]" in the
   ^^^^^^

Looks basically good to me. I'm not getting however the point below:

> Quorum
> ------
>
> For all votes, there must be at least three (3) voters and half (1/2) of the PMC must
cast a vote.

What does it mean exactly? Is it a logical AND? Given a PMC of 20
people, what is the quorum, 3 or 10? What is the difference between
"voters" and  the ones who "cast a vote" (given that only PMC members
count officially as "voters/votes")?

Thanks,

--
Gianugo Rabellino