cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flow problems & question
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:37:37 GMT

Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> I believe there's something different in the
> way that Tomcat and Jetty handles the naming of paths... If you go to
> /samples (for example) you'll end up being redirected somewhere else...
>
> If you deploy your context (for instance) under /cocoon, a request to
> /cocoon/ will redirect you to /documents/index and NOT to
> /cocoon/documents/index as it should...
>
> I'll do some snooping and check out what the differences are between TC4.1
> and Jetty, and I'll fix up something later on throughout the day....
>
> If anyone got a clue, speak now! :-)

We had worked a bit on it (you will find some info about the results in
the mailing list archives) and yes, there is something wrong about how
it's handled (really? ;-)

Redirect problem in Cocoon+Jetty... or is it Tomcat?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103901774505335&w=2

This is the result of the thread.
Good work ;-)

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
"
I have finally taken the time to hunt down the latast servlet 2.3
javadocs on redirects:
http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.3/javadoc/javax/servlet/http/HttpServletResponse.html#sendRedirect(java.lang.String)

"
public void sendRedirect(java.lang.String location)
                    throws java.io.IOException

      Sends a temporary redirect response to the client using the
      secified redirect location URL. This method can accept
      relative URLs; the servlet container must convert the
      relative URL to an absolute URL before sending the response
      to the client. If the location is relative without a
      leading '/' the container interprets it as relative to
      the current request URI. If the location is relative
      with a leading '/' the container interprets it as
      relative to the servlet container root.
"

->  the servlet container must convert the
      relative URL to an absolute URL before sending the response
      to the client.

Seems like it's a Jetty bug then, no?

Since we are using a system that has an environment abstraction, it
probably would make sense if we did that relative->absolute resolving
ourselves, no?
"

             - verba volant, scripta manent -